7.4.06

Wake from your sleep

There's a name we haven't seen for a while - The Sleepy Jackson are to release a second album, 'Personality', in July. Presumably this applies to the UK as well as Australia but no confirmation there yet.
Admittedly responsible for the worst headlining performance I've ever seen (and I once saw The Saw Doctors), their messily psychedelic debut 'Lovers' was nonetheless rather special and despite some initial hype a bit underappreciated, I think.

Also returning from a rather less long abscence, Ed Harcourt with his fourth album in five years titled 'The Beautiful Lie' and preceded by Visit From The Dead Dog. Hopefully will be a little more inspiring than the last one.

Those tracklistings (it would be possible to guess which is which from the titles but only just):

'Personality':
  • You Needed More
  • Devil Was In My Yard
  • God Lead Your Soul
  • Work Alone
  • God Knows
  • I Understand What You Want But I Just Don't Agree
  • Miles Away
  • Higher Than Hell
  • Play A Little Bit For Love
  • Don't Say
  • You Won't Bring People Down In My Town
  • Dream On
  • How Was I Supposed To Know

'The Beautiful Lie':
  • Whirlwind In D Minor
  • Visit From The Dead Dog
  • You Only Call Me When You’re Drunk
  • The Last Cigarette
  • Shadowboxing
  • Late Night Partner
  • Revolution In The Heart
  • Until Tomorrow ThenScatterbraine
  • Rain On The Pretty Ones
  • The Pristine Claw
  • I Am The Drug
  • Braille
  • Good Friends Are Hard To Find

No comments: